Will handheld consoles die?

Home Forums Video games Will handheld consoles die?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Amira Princess 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

Marty
    • Topics : 3
    • Replies : 1
    • Total : 4
    • Bronze
    5 Votes up

So last year Nintendo released their new Switch handheld console. The console is great but it makes me wonder how long these will stay on the market. Mobile games these days are getting better and will soon reach (and surpass) the quality of Switch games. Why would I want to buy a Nintendo Switch when I got my phone to play games on. My phone is always in my pocket and it’s easy to play a game wherever I feel like. Having to carry around another (bigger) device can be cumbersome.

In the coming years I think it will start to make no sense to get a handheld console. Opinions?

This post has received 1 vote up.
  • #357 Score: 1

Mason
    Participant
    • Topics : 0
    • Replies : 3
    • Total : 3
    • Bronze
    4 Votes up

Well, i have to disagree on this one Marty. It’s true that mobile phones have some good games but they can’t beat a device that is specifically designed for playing video games. Furthermore, Have you ever heard about a mobile phone branded video game(exclusives?) cause i didn’t. a console like switch might get away with it’s weak power compared to PS4 and Xbox one bur the exclusives like Mario, Metroid, Zelda is what keeps it alive. and then again that’s just my opinion.

• #2392 Score: 1

frankingles
    Participant
    • Topics : 0
    • Replies : 3
    • Total : 3
    • Bronze
    3 Votes up

I totally agree with you Mason. Mobiles does not have much capability to beat up the device that is specifically designed for playing video games.

• #2399 Score: 0

Amira Princess
      Participant
      • Topics : 1
      • Replies : 1
      • Total : 2
      • Bronze

To me video games are all about the story and the gameplay! i don’t go for hardware power. so you’ll never know whether or not handheld consoles will take over the entire market eventually Lol.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.